7th July 2017
Job Title: Media Monitors
Position: Temporary Research Assistants- 16 Positions (4 Months)
Counties: Nairobi, Mombasa, Uasin Gishu, Kisumu, Nakuru (Central region)
The monitoring is specifically related to the media coverage of the 2017 elections period (June –September 2017).
- Monitoring and scanning newspapers, television, radio and social media-for specific news items with a focus on the tone of campaign trail, magnitude and indicators of possible conflicts &violence.
- Compiling articles, internet links, radio &TV clips and newspaper cuttings and keep them in a central location for analysis
- Analyzing media and news trends prior to, during and post campaigns and general elections with a focus on of the tone of campaign trail, magnitude and indicators of possible conflicts & violence.
- Reporting: preparing and submission of monthly reports, attending review meetings and presenting the analytics in monthly debriefing clinics. Participate in the validation of the quarterly and final reports.
A minimum of a Diploma in Journalism or media studies is required. A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years’ newsroom experience as a reporter with print, radio or TV.
- Professionalism: ability to scan electronic, print or internet stories quickly and collate required content retaining the originality and quality of information.
- Consistency- Watching TV and listening to vernacular FM radio programmes and ethically document the required information
- Knowledge of how the media works, ethical conduct, how a news story breaks and its potential impact on the public
- Attention to detail with utmost accuracy.
- Internet and social media skills.
Application and profiles sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday, 14th July 2017.